How to use ear candles:
- Make yourself yourself comfortable.
It is suggested that you lie on your side with your head supported by a pillow.
- Drink lots of water after the treatment.
The candling seems to start a cleansing process and the water will help the body to quickly flush the toxins out.
This is a detoxification.
- Repeat the process again if you still feel blocked.
Sometimes large wax accumulations can require repeated treatments.
- Candle your own ears.
You will have no control over the flame and this can be dangerous.
- Candle anyone with tubes in their ears.
This could cause the tubes to become blocked or the gentle suction could dislodge the tubes.
Once the Doctor has done this; no candling should be attempted until the tubes are out of the canal.
Wait 6 months after the tubes are out of the canal before candling.
This gives time for the eardrum tissue to heal.
- Candle anyone with a recent punctured eardrum.
Candling anyone with a punctured eardrum is risky; any smoke or liquid can go directly into the inner ear.
- Candle ears that are draining.
The body is already at work healing the ear.
The draining from the ear is good and will relieve the pressure and pain.
- Candle only one ear.
Always do both ears as candling one ear will cause imbalance or dizziness.
- Candle someone who has had recent ear or sinus surgery.
Allow the body time to heal.
Candling is gentle but still creates movement of debris and a certain dryness in the ear.